New patients are welcome to make an appointment by phone or online by clicking on the “Make an Appointment” tab on the top right of this web page.
If you are a New Patient to Birkenhead Medical Centre please bring the following to your next consultation:
1. A valid Medicare card if you have one (check expiry date)
2. If you are a Workcover patient, you will need to inform your Employer prior to the consultation and bring your employer’s contact details for verification to arrange payment through Workcover
3. If you are coming for a consultation on the Weekend or you are a Private patient or you intend on having a procedure eg Dressings/Suturing/Vaccinations, please bring a form of payment. We accept Cash, Eftpos and Credit Cards (Visa and Mastercard only). We do not accept Cheques. We Bulk Bill only on Weekdays, Monday to Friday but certain procedures and vaccines may incur a private fee.
4. Please arrive 5 minutes before your consultation to complete some paperwork or alternatively you can complete the New Patient Form here and bring it to your appointment .
5. If you need to change your appointment time please inform us as soon as possible on (02) 9719 3888 to avoid late cancellation fees.
6. We look forward to seeing you.