- We have not yet received the Covid Vaccines and are currently not taking phone bookings for Covid Vaccinations.
- We respectfully advise that you do not call the practice and instead refer to this website for regular updates on Covid Vaccinations
In-line with our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our patients and local communities, Birkenhead Medical Centre will be participating in the Government Covid Vaccination Roll Out.
Due to the limited initial availability of vaccine stock, the Phase 1 b Government program will prioritise vulnerable patients who include:
– elderly adults aged 70 years and over
– other health care workers
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 55 and over
– younger adults with a specified medical condition (including those with a disability), and
– critical and high-risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing.
You can check your eligibility by visiting https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
For all other patients, the Government program will be expanded as more vaccines become available over the next few months.
Our practice expects to receive the vaccines in mid April and will update our website once stock becomes available.
To reduce the heavy volume of phone calls to our receptionists and preventing access for regular patients, we respectfully ask that you do not call the practice regarding covid vaccinations and refer to our website instead. We will keep you informed via regular updates on our website and regular email notifications.